Translate To Your Language

Monday 5 August 2013

3) God Is Calling You

God is calling you
What is Gods’ calling on your life?


However, i consider my life worth nothing to me, if i may finish the race and complete the task the lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of Gods’ grace. – Acts 20:24
My belief is that every follower of Christ, regardless of who they are and what they might be doing currently, was meant to participate in this kingdom work. In other words, we have all been called into this mission of Christ. We all have the same general assignment, but our specific roles within it will be unique to us as individuals and will take into accounts our gifts and talents, experience, assets, physical location and our connections.
Today, many people are asking how they can find Gods’ calling on their lives, this is a very serious and personal matter for each of us as followers of Christ and i certainly don’t have the corner on how someone else can discern Gods’ calling. But i do think there are some helpful steps derived from the scriptures that can bring greater clarity to this universal longing.


Six ways to find Gods’ calling on your life:


  •          1). Commit: This first step towards discerning Gods’ calling on our lives is the most difficult because it involves dying to self. It means putting everything else aside in order to put God first. This gets to the heart of who is in control of our lives— Us or Him.

  •          2). Pray: Prayer is the method and the Holy Spirit is the mechanism whereby God has given us the ability to discern his direction in our lives. If you are confused about what God expects of you, pray.
  •          3). Prepare: We have the entirety of Scriptures at our disposal and the wise counsel of fellow believers. Scripture at our disposal and the wise counsel of fellow believers. Scripture provides for us the bigger blueprint for what God is doing in the world and it gives us all the principles we need to live our lives in his service. Fellow Christians can offer guidance, insight, correction, practical tools and great encouragement to us as we seek to discern Gods will for our lives.
  •          4). Obey: The great commission defined what making disciples entailed: “Teaching them to obey everything i have commanded” (Matt. 28:20, emphasis mine). Disciples are known by their obedience. “Do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says” (James 1:22).
  •          5). Act: As you look through the lens of Gods’ kingdom rescue mission and in the context of your own gifts and abilities, what is it that needs doing that you can do? It is time to act. Earl Palmer observed, “God can’t steer a parked car.” Commit to serving him without conditions and move in the direction of your gifts and your passions, trusting that God will steer and lead.
  •          6). Trust: We cannot say that the place where we are stationed, the task that is before us, is insignificant to the larger mission. We are to trust that only God knows the full significance of the role he called us to play in his greater mission.

Prayer for today : Father, please guide my steps as i work to figure out where you want me.
Let me share with you some few things which you can enjoy when you are fully converted to Gods side and you completely abolish evil from your life. These are just some few testimonies of people who recently gave their lives to Christ.

God Prevented My Generator From Burning:
It was a dark evening in a very normal Nigerian community where light and power are at minimum supply. I went to buy fuel for my Generator and i filled up the Generator. My parents had some visitors and in order to entertain them, they asked me to put on the Generator. That very day, my house maid was cooking and our kitchen is somehow close to our veranda, where we keep our gen. Well, i didn't bother, i went to put on the Generator. While i was to put it on, the starter, struck a piece of iron around the body of the Generator an that ignited a small spark which then came in contact with some fuel i spilled while i was filling the Generator, and so fire started. I rushed into the house and in order not to cause any form of alarm, i just asked my maid to give me water, she brought a glass of water for me, in my tension, i had to laugh, when she came out, she saw the fumes and then rushed to get a bucket of water, while i went to get detergent, we tried, we poured water after water, buckets after buckets. Even my neighbors brought a fire extinguisher and we finished it on the Generator, but still no response. In all this tension, we all forgot to pray. Then my mother, came and took a bucket and added some water to it, the water was very small compared to what we had been poring on the Generator, she just said some words of prayer, i can clearly remember, i was at her side, i wanted to collect the bucket from her, but she said i should leave it, that she had to pour it herself. So she stood at the window and behold she poured  it on the Generator and the fire stopped immediately, what a mighty God we serve, i thank God that the fire did not find its way into the tank and i thank him for his faithfulness.

God Stopped My House From Burning:
I really want to thank God for his faithfulness and his awesomeness to me and my household. God in his infinite mercies, kindness and favor has been very good to us, he has been a great God indeed who provides for our needs. Recently, I had a funeral ceremony and have been in great grief for some time, but the lord kept o telling me that all was well and that i should not let the ceremony distract me from doing his work, I placed a kettle of water on the fire to boil. Later I left the house not remembering to turn off the gas and as we all know it, my whole kitchen was filled with gas after the water had boiled and boiled and boiled, it dried the water in the kettle and left an empty kettle. After the days activities, I came back home to find out that the kettle was scorched and my house did not burn. In darkness, I was about to strike a match stick, but the Lord spoke to me and I remembered that I did not turn off the gas. I praise God for averting the evil of fire in my house.

Truly God is a protector:
Praise God, I am giving this testimony on behalf of a friend. As i boarded a bus on my way to work that morning, i can not really remember the day exactly but i was going to work, that is afternoon work and i sat down in a particular seat, very close to the window, a voice told him to relocate to the other part of the vehicle which he did. Not quite long after the bus moved, the vehicle was involved in an accident. The person who sat where my friend sat initially was badly hurt. I really, really thank God for protecting my friend, this goes to demonstrate that God is a great protector, he will not stand and watch his children die, he will not stand and watch his children suffer, he will not stand and watch his children be involved in accident. If you do not know him yet, get to know him, so you will not be left out of this free solid protection which we Christians and children of God are receiving. Repent !!!!!  


If you turn into God and follow his ways, you too will become a testifier. God loves you, he will never want you to die. Come to him now. Stay blessed, do not forget to share our posts.
Do you have salvation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Is Something Troubling You? Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *