Translate To Your Language

Saturday 10 August 2013

7) Help The Poor (The Imbalance Of The World)

Help the poor

Ever since I were a child, I always thought of the world as a big round ball that had people in it, people who abuse it and some who help protect and save it. I saw Nature at its brightest, purely green trees and clear skies, planes flew pass and in my ignorance I saw the world as a peaceful place. All these happened in my young age, then when I would be locked up at home, no TV (I didn't like watching TV), little friends, didn't go out and in all of these, in all of my ignorance, I thought my Father and Mother were the Tallest people in the world. When I taken out one day, I was surprised at the enormous amount of people I saw that day, I think we were first at my dads office and then we went on the road to a small market to get fruits and that was when my life changed forever, my whole wonderland view of the world was destroyed and I will share this with you and by Gods grace you will be touched and change your ways and view of how unbalanced the world is.

That day at the market, I was with my dad and we were on the road buying oranges, when suddenly people started separating and I saw 2 young men pursue a girl with sticks and as they pursued her, they attempted stoning her but it was meeting the wrong people and they complained, but never the less, what surprised me the most was that what she stole was a pack of Biscuits for her younger brother, that biscuit was about 10 Naira that is also 10 Cents. Then she ran and passed the biscuits to the young boy and then he ran and hide, the girl was caught and she was beaten so badly she bleed, they were about to burn her, they had put a Tyre round her neck and set fuel and match sticks to burn her, but luckily for her, people intervened and she was spared.
This is actually quite rare in my country, whenever you are found guilty of stealing in a market, whatever it is that you stole, the punishment was death by beating you up and then burning you, so she was really lucky. All this happened in front of my eyes, I witnessed every single scene of it. A girl would get beaten just to make sure her brother gets something to eat. How bad could their condition be, to the extent of thinking of stealing. I cried that day, I asked my Father about the suffering in my country and the world, but he said that this was just little compared to what is really happening in the world. He said that there are over 6 Billion people in the world and 90% of them live and depend on less than $2 a day. Trust me, whoever you are seeing this, you are part of the lucky 10% that live and depend on above $2 everyday. I started thinking about all this, how possible is it that people can't  buy even food to eat, let alone talk about clothes or even shelter. I started noticing the people on the road, beggars, people hawking, it hurt me greatly. Knowing the fact that there are people who spend over 1,000,000 Naira that's about $9,260 every night in a club when there are people who don't have enough to even feed their families. The most expensive dog in the world is over $20 million, imagine that. That would give $10,000 to over 2,000 charity homes, that would give $10 to over 200,000 people in the world. So if one person could help 200,000 people imagine what all the rich men controlling billions of dollars, imagine what they can contribute.

It hurts me when I see people suffer, when I see people beg, grown up people hawking on the road, children can't go to school and end up armed robbers and then get killed in a very bad manner. You bring a child into poverty, the child cannot decide if he wants to be born or not, but he is brought into a word to suffer. Is it his fault or was it his fault ? Can a child decide the family to be born into, if that were possible, I would clearly choos Bill Gates and God knows so many would be barren, but God has shared us all, he has balanced the world, if you find yourself in a situation which your parents have put you, do not just give up, all is not over, God can still change our situations whatever the condition is, he is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we can ever ask or think. He knows our hearts, well, like I always say, there is a catch, you have to serve him and believe in him, check out these post:
God Is Calling You
Do You Have Salvation?

All I am trying to say is that, there are people out there who are ready to eat our waste, who are ready to eat that food which we said was bad or was smelling, there are families where one quarter of a loaf of bread is shared amongst 15 people and that may be there meal for the day, we can help the world, we can do better than others have done. We can reach out to the poor, that 20, 50, 100 even 200 Naira that you want to use to buy snacks or biscuits or recharge cards or even anything  that you want which you surely do not need as at that time, you can put a smile on some faces, you can put food on some tables and you can reduce crime and even the suicidal rate in our countries. The high amount of crime is caused by lack of finances, some times sheer wickedness. That's right, you heard me right, the suicidal rate in Nigeria is increasing drastically. People are tired of life, can you call it life when you cannot feed at least 2 times a day, can you call it life when all you do daily is to beg for change that will be only sufficient for that day, resulting to another begging campaign the next day, can you call it life if you have no house to stay, or can you call it life when innocent children are born into poverty? We can give a helping hand and help the children, we can provide little funds for those on the streets. Take for example, God has so blessed you that you are as rich as spending a million Naira a day for the next 5 years, there are people like that, what will stop you if you use about 20 million Naira to build an orphanage or charity home, then take all homeless people on the street and give then food and little internal education. It would not take us anything, that is why at-times, our Lord God is so reluctant in blessing people, he knows that if he blesses some people, they will turn away from him, they will become proud and pompous, don't let God take his blessings from our lives, all we need to do is to help people, help the poor, because you are now very comfortable should not mean that you cannot at least help someone or even a family. We can do it, if we set our minds to do it, it is very possible, very very possible and it is greatly in our power to help the poor. There is no place where there isn't suffering, but what distinguishes and creates a difference is the willingness of the people of that community or even entire country to offer help and support to the less privilege. We can do it.   God help us all, as you try, the Lord God will bless you.
Once again, do not forget to share and comment and subscribe to our Blog.
Stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Is Something Troubling You? Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *