Translate To Your Language

Tuesday 6 August 2013

5) Growing In God's Love

Gods Love, God loves you

My Little story of how i started growing in Gods love: As the sun burned low on the horizon and stars began to twinkle in their resplendence a thought flashed into my mind. Who is controlling all of this? This practiced enigma called sunset, the crash and roll of the waves as they carried life and salt towards the shore, the sweep of the tornado as it leveled all that stood in its way...... The answer was still,as it was sure.........God.
As a youngster I grew up with the knowledge that there was One greater than I and that He held my destiny in the palm of His hands. I accepted it, as a child would and shrugged it off with carelessness that showed negligence rather than trust. For of what mind was it to me that I was so inadequate that another had to die in my stead? It all amounted to naught in my head, I had better things to worry about like, the lack of things to worry about.  But growing up, all my careless beliefs were put to the test. As an adolescent I struggled with the knowledge that I was less than perfect, the fact that someone had to die for my sins was overwhelming and intimidating.  Swamped with my own pagan glory I rebelled. I rebelled against everything I knew elementally, I guess I needed it to be proven to me. But rather than search for answers to the turmoil that raged inside of me, I slunk of into to darkness and allowed it to poison me.

For who is the Lord that He should pass judgment on me? Mortal I might be, but I've yet done anything so grotesque, so destructive as to warrant all this guilt pressing on me. A man died for me, why? He did not know me, nor I him, I couldn't understand the simple logic of this, yet it surrounded me.
Sunday after Sunday I would go to church, sing and clap till my parents looked upon me with admiration and said "yes, she's really a child of God" but I knew not this God they spoke of. I didn't know Him nor understand the simple logic of christianity and it drove me half mad.
My self confidence dwindled, after all I was nothing more than a no good sinner that a snobbish puritan had decided to have mercy upon. I did what was expected of me. I preached the gospel to all I could see trying,straining to get them to see the light that I couldn't. I just didn't believe in the Christ. I understood that evil was well, evil and good was good, but all the complications, the shedding of blood, death, eternity, pain, hell, all of that, just left me grasping at straws. I slunk deeper and deeper into the dark, I understood the dark you see, it didn't ask much of me, I could be myself with it. But this uneasy sensation persisted, I just couldn't shake it off.

I felt like my life had no meaning whatsoever, like I was just going through the motions of life and not actually living, for a while I forgot all about this saviour I preached so much about and focused on finding the quiet, the peace everyone around me seemed to have, I went mad for it.
Then one day, much like all the other days, I was alone at home and I started looking for bible verses to dazzle and impress my family with and I just took notice of a part of the bible for once. " I have come that they may have life" it said " and live it abundantly" forget my blunders and misquotations, I still cannot remember what part of the bible that it was but it got me to my knees. He had come so that I may have life, why? Why did he love me so much. The love that I was supposed to take as a blessing had become a burden to me. I cried till I had no tears left to cry and begged this God to let me get to know him. To forgive me, to make me understand. And he did.
I started reading devotionals, and my bible more and more, I fell to my knees with a level of frequency I would have found daunting previously and I came to embrace one thing, Jesus Christ did love me, and it wasn't an act of "pomposity" that led him to die for me. I had weaknesses, I was flawed and broken yet this supreme being had looked upon me and had loved me. It only overwhelmed me at this point, no more intimidation.

I'm still not the perfect Christian, but I'm getting there. Everyday I fall and I rise stronger and tougher in my faith. I have simply fallen in love with Jesus, as He is with me.

  • The bright light that's the wonder of Him
  • The bright light that's clear for all to see
  • The bright light that grows stronger in the din
  • Renew the wonder, do not let it grow dim
God bless you. Amen

One Of The Testimonies From The RCCG Camp That Really Baffles Me is: Baby, born with all vital organs outside the stomach survives: Little miss Owodolu was born with all her vital organs outside her stomach. She was abandoned for more than 2 hours after her birth because she was thought of to die shortly. Alas, God has better plans for her. Her mother shares the agonizing story of her birth and the divine intervention of the lord. Everything about pregnancy was perfect until the time that I wanted to give birth and was told that I had to be operated upon to save my life and that of the baby because she was breech. I went to Badagry for the delivery. When the baby was brought out, all her intestine, kidney, liver and heart where out. My sister was called upon to see the baby and she was told that the baby was not properly formed while in the womb. She started praying and sent prayer requests to the camp to Daddy and Mummy Adeboye as well as some people she knows. Meanwhile, the doctors and Nurses virtually left the baby un-attended to thinking she would probably die. After like 2hrs 45minutes after the baby was born, the doctor came and saw her still breathing. Her voice was very feeble and she appeared very weak. She was thereafter taken into the incubator. By the time they finished with her, she was very pale and white and there was no single blood in her. They said they were going to take her blood sample so that she could be transfused. They started pricking her body all over but could not get any blood. My sister started pleading the blood of jesus on her and gave them the anointed handkerchief that was prayed over during the March Holy Ghost service to be placed on her. The Doctor wanted an operation to be performed but the great surgeon performed His own surgery on her. The baby is now 4 months old to glory of God and is doing very well, eating well, laughing and responding to people, alive and healthy. The entire intestine, liver, kidney and heart went back to their places without any surgical operation. The stomach that was also opened has closed on its own accord without surgery. We went for review in November and the doctor said there was no problem with the baby. Praise ye the Lord.

This clearly shows how great our God is, it tells us of how Good he can be to us, if only you can find him, if only you can give him all you have, he wants to know you, he wants to Love and Cherish you, he loves you more than your own imagination, he is the almighty God, the creator of the heaven and the earth, he made all that we can see in this world. He is responsible for our sleeping and waking up, he is our Heavenly Father, Jesus is calling you, he wants to know you, he wants the best for you. Come to him today, God bless you as you do. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Is Something Troubling You? Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *